Imaginary Engineer - Yale SOM '08

Industrial Engineer dreaming of an MBA

Sunday, November 19, 2006

The Game

This past weekend, we took a road trip up to Boston to watch Yale kick Harvard's butt in "The Game." I don't even remember the final score, but Yale pretty much dominated the entire game. One of the most memorable moments of the day was watching campus security trying to tackle and arrest a nude MIT streaker during the 4th quarter. I've seen many "Big Games" in the bay area, but have never witnessed an actual streaker.

Boston/Cambridge is also a very cool area to visit. I never realized how good new england "clam chowdah" and "chaider (chai + apple cider)" could taste. We also visited HBS and MIT Sloan, and all I can say is that I'm SUPER jealous of HBS. While I think Yale SOM's facilities are nicer than MIT Sloan's, HBS is in a totally different league. Huntsman Hall at Wharton is pretty sweet, but HBS is probably the nicest business school I've ever visited. I hope that the new Yale SOM campus will have that similar "wow" factor when people visit.

On a sadder note, Michigan and Cal lost on Saturday, so the "Go Blue" schools were only 1 for 3. Both schools will still end up decent bowl games, but I really really wanted Cal to go to the Rose Bowl this year.

5 Comments:

  • At 8:01 PM, Blogger fromcali said…

    I'm also really sad that Michigan and Cal lost. I really wanted Cal to go to the Rosebowl too (you were robbed a couple of years ago...)

     
  • At 7:03 AM, Blogger KV said…

    It sucks for Cal but on the positive side it's good to have a PAC 10 team in the national championship game (if SC ends up going).

     
  • At 2:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    boooo usc boooooooooo

     
  • At 5:35 AM, Blogger kpmg said…

    Hello Mr Brownoski!

    This is not a spam mail! :P

    I'm actually applying to Yale SOM for the Jan round. I've got some questions about Yale that I would like from a student's point of view. Would it be ok to contact you privately?

    You can email me at

    hopeful.wannabe@gmail.com

    Thanks!

    Wannabe

     
  • At 8:42 PM, Blogger fromcali said…

    you going to watch big game tomorrow?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home