Imaginary Engineer - Yale SOM '08

Industrial Engineer dreaming of an MBA

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

New Cell Phone

My cell phone history starts in 2000 when I got a bulky Nokia phone and a Cellular One contract. 2 years later in 2002, Cellular One got bought out by ATT Wireless, so I upgraded to one of the smaller Nokia phones. 2 years later in 2004, a new Nokia phone came out with this cool qwerty keyboard feature, so I upgraded. I love Nokia phones and thought I would never switch brands.

Then I decided to call customer service to switch over to the nation-wide plan. Up till now, I've been on a local California plan and never needed to make phone calls out of state. Unfortunately, with the Cingular takeover, my phone's ATTWS SIM card will not work with the new Cingular network (something about 16 bit vs 32 bit). In order to switch over to the Cingular nation-wide plan, the customer rep told me I would need to get a new cell phone! I didn't want to buy a new cell phone but because I've been such a loyal customer for 6 years, they offered to give me this really cool Samsung D307 phone for free:



I'm really excited because this phone has two swivel modes, the regular swivel to talk, and the other swivel mode to type messages (I'm a text message fiend). I can't wait to test out the quality when I tour the East Coast (can you hear me now).

4 Comments:

  • At 8:15 AM, Blogger Ash said…

    like the phone...really like the new blog layout !
    rock on
    ash

     
  • At 8:26 AM, Blogger Marina said…

    I always feel like you have to have tiny fingers to type on those things. I am due for a phone upgrade in a month, I wonder what Verizon has in store for me.

    NYC is not better then SF, it is just so freaking different. I guess you can say it is always alive, whereas SF likes to sleep a lot :)

     
  • At 9:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thanks for your suggestion! I've noticed that I definitely have an easier time when it's on paper than on the screen! I get more distracted for some reason. I will be taking a few practice tests on the computer though to prepare myself.

    I'm beginning to get nervous!

    Hope you enjoy your visit to NYC :) let me know if I can help answer any questions on that front. Also, are you taking the Chinatown bus from NY -> Boston? It's 20 bucks - GREAT deal.

     
  • At 12:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey what a great site keep up the work its excellent.
    »

     

Post a Comment

<< Home