Imaginary Engineer - Yale SOM '08

Industrial Engineer dreaming of an MBA

Thursday, December 08, 2005

Competition is good right?

According to the business week article business schools are experiencing more applicants this year than previous years. My business brain wants to believe competition is good because thats how new ideas and products flourish in the free market. My selfish entitlement-culture brain wants to believe that competition is bad because I'll have a statistically worse chance of getting into business school. At this point, it doesn't really matter because I've already submitted my Round 1 applications to the 6 schools I really want to go to. I don't even know if I'll ever get around to applying to Stanfurd, and UCLA seems like a better school academically than USC, but USC has such a powerful alumni network in California that is better for long term relationships and opportunities.

Reading the businessweek online forums actually make me less stressed about the application process. It's comforting to know people are in the same situation as me. It's already the 2nd week in December, and I haven't heard from MIT, Columbia, Berkeley, or USC. It's good to learn that MIT hasn't interviewed anyone on the west coast, and Berkeley doesn't do interviews until a "super saturday" in January. I hope to hear good news from Yale but who knows, the admissions process seems kind of random and half of those who get interviewed are rejected. The only definitive deadline coming up is the final Wharton Decision on December 22. This is the same day Cal plays in the Vegas Bowl so I hope to cover both spreads!

2 Comments:

  • At 12:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site. Keep working. Thank you.
    »

     
  • At 12:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Looks nice! Awesome content. Good job guys.
    »

     

Post a Comment

<< Home