Imaginary Engineer - Yale SOM '08

Industrial Engineer dreaming of an MBA

Monday, December 25, 2006

25% Done

Happy Holidays!!

I'm not sure if its a sign of me getting older, or how busy life gets at school, but time is zooming by a ludicrous speed. My MBA experience is already 25% complete and I feel like we're just getting started. Summer Internship recruiting has kept me busy but I'm looking forward to catch up with all resume drops during winter break. As I apply for these summer jobs, I'm reliving the anxiety I felt last year applying to different MBA programs. Writing cover letters is just like writing application essays and some companies actually ask for GMAT/SAT scores! I am going to be so relieved when I eventually get an offer.

There was an interesting article that quoted some of my classmates talking about the international experience portion of the new curriculum. I'll be heading over to Hong Kong on Wednesday and am trying to figure out how to pack 3 weeks worth of clothes and suits into one suit case and one carry on. For the trip, we got these nifty chinese business cards and learned some basic phrases to get by. For those that will be in Hong Kong this Friday, a small group of 1st year students including me will be hosting a winter break social. This will be a fun opportunity to meet prospective students and I encourage everyone applying to Yale to attend their local winter break social.

5 Comments:

  • At 9:23 PM, Blogger Paul Ip said…

    Have fun in HK. And remember to check out the skyline from Victoria Peak and Tsim Sha Tsui at night. (-;

     
  • At 9:23 AM, Blogger fromcali said…

    Congrats on being done! I agree this has moved by SO QUICKLY! On the one hand, I couldn't believe that I've only been there 4 and a half months. On the other hand, it seems like I just got there.

    Enjoy break!

     
  • At 10:17 AM, Blogger Marina said…

    You did not just say that you are looking forward to catching up on cover letters, did you? Ok I know that you did because I read it but let me tell you that I am in resume HELL right now and the cover letters are driving me MAD!

     
  • At 3:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    while in TST in HK, check out the Sweet Dynasty Dessert Cafe - should get something with harsmar, just to say you tried out harsmar. The other place to check out is Muji - it's like IKEA meets GAP/BR - cool stuff, and great aluminum business card holders too

     
  • At 6:32 PM, Blogger fromcali said…

    How was China?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home