Imaginary Engineer - Yale SOM '08

Industrial Engineer dreaming of an MBA

Sunday, December 18, 2005

This is the week

Dec 22 is the day when all Wharton Round 1 decisions are released. Half the people interviewed get in, the other half gets rejected.. Yale may release some decisions this week too, but I don't mind waiting till January as long as I get in :). I have completely slacked on my Stanford and UCLA essays, and part of me thinks that I'll never finish the apps. I find it interesting that prospective Med School students apply to millions of schools, but most prospective MBA's only apply to a handful of schools.

At this point, I'm pretty sure I got dinged from MIT without an interview. It looks like they sent out the San Francisco hub interviews and I still haven't heard anything from them. I never had the opportunity to visit the Sloan campus, but MIT was definitely one of my top choices because it has a strong supply chain/operations program. It sucks but maybe I'll hear good news this coming week from Wharton or Yale.... fingers crossed ......

It seems Columbia hasn't even started to process my app yet (January) and I'm still waiting to hear about potential interviews from Haas and Marshall. In the beginning of this MBA application process, I thought I was going to only apply to California schools because I want to eventually settle here. However after talking with my Wharton interviewer and visiting the Yale campus, I wouldn't mind going to the east coast for 2 years. It'd be a paradigm shift and I can actually experience 4 distinct seasons in the year. It'd be tough making new friends but school is probably the best way to make a new network.

1 Comments:

  • At 12:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site. Keep working. Thank you.
    »

     

Post a Comment

<< Home