Imaginary Engineer - Yale SOM '08

Industrial Engineer dreaming of an MBA

Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Columbia Interview complete

This morning, I drove to Marin County to interview with a Columbia alumni. The questions I was asked were:

1) Walk me through your resume.
2) Where do you want to be/what do you want to do? (why mba?)
3) Why Columbia?
4) Columbia is known as a finance business school, why does someone with your background want to attend Columbia? (interviewer had finance background)
5) What kind of leader are you?
6) What makes you different?
7) Any questions for the interviewer?

Overall it was a standard interview and I wasn't thrown off guard too much by any of the questions. The interviewer was very friendly as it was very conversational and it seemed like he was genuinely interested in my story. I had a little trouble making a convincing argument why I wanted to attend Columbia over any other school because I am still slightly leaning toward Yale. We'll see what happens from here, and how much weight ADCOM puts on the interview, but I need to start writing my "I Love MIT" letter.

4 Comments:

  • At 3:03 PM, Blogger Marina said…

    I had my decision 3 days after the interview :) Good luck! I hear they started releasing RD decisions.

     
  • At 4:16 AM, Blogger Alex said…

    yes, good luck! course any chance you could add it to the wiki ?

     
  • At 12:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I say briefly: Best! Useful information. Good job guys.
    »

     
  • At 5:04 AM, Anonymous MBA Admission 2012 said…

    An MBA degree prepares students for a challenging career that will satisfy the right people in a way no other vocation can.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home