Imaginary Engineer - Yale SOM '08

Industrial Engineer dreaming of an MBA

Thursday, January 19, 2006

MIT Sloan Interview

Today I finally completed my last interview with an ADCOM member from MIT. Overall, it went okay, but I feel 30 minutes is not enough time to really get to know someone. The website from Clear Admit really helped me prepare for the interview because MIT is a little different from other schools. The interviewer only asks a few questions, but really probes your responses and keeps asking things like "how did it make you feel", "why did you do that", "how did the other employees react". He specifically instructed me to not use examples I used in my essays so it is definitely good to have some extra stories/examples prepared for the interview. The questions I was asked:

-Any updates to your application?
-Why did you choose your undergrad major?
-What's a personal goal you've set for yourself in the past 1-2 years?
-Describe a time when you've confronted an obstacle.
-Why MIT?
-Do you have anything else you'd like to add?
-Do you have any questions for me?

Now the waiting game begins. I should hear back from MIT by Jan 30 but regardless of the decision, I'm satisfied that I put forth my best effort.

5 Comments:

  • At 12:08 PM, Blogger Marina said…

    Does MIT have rolling admissions?

     
  • At 12:42 PM, Blogger Alex said…

    any chance you could add this to the admissions wiki ?

     
  • At 2:25 PM, Blogger laserlikefocus said…

    Very good description of the MIT interview process.

    Hope you hear good news from them soon.

     
  • At 12:21 AM, Blogger brownoski said…

    Marina,

    MIT doesn't have rolling admissions, they release all Rd 1 decisions on Jan 30. 10 day countdown!

     
  • At 3:34 AM, Blogger Alex said…

    did you get my e-mails w/ your account info. i know a couple bounced ?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home