Imaginary Engineer - Yale SOM '08

Industrial Engineer dreaming of an MBA

Wednesday, January 25, 2006

40% Chance

As of right now, there's a 40% chance for snow this weekend in Lake Tahoe. I'm dying to hit the slopes the weekend between playoffs and Superbowl, but I learned my lesson 3 years ago to never drive in inclement weather (had a memorable spin out on I-80). The 40% chance also translates to 60% chance for good weather. I realized this is exactly the same odds for me getting into Sloan (read on b-week forums that 60% of MIT interviewees get accepted). Hopefully, the good weather this weekend will be a sign that I'll get the accepted phone call on Monday, Jan 30.

BTW, the winter Olympics are coming up in a few weeks, but I haven't really seen any advertisements/promotions. I'm a bigger fan of winter Olympics than summer Olympics, and I'm surprised that there is no hype in the media. This is the one time where stoners and curlers can earn gold medals. This is also the year where Michelle Kwan will finally get a gold medal (i love you)!

2 Comments:

  • At 1:56 AM, Blogger KV said…

    Trust me, there are many stoners getting gold medals at the Summer Olympics as well ;-)

     
  • At 12:05 PM, Blogger Marina said…

    I have not been to Tahoe in 5 years. It is really pathetic and every winter I swear to go - yet never manage to get my friends together for a trip. SO sad.

    I am thinking of making a few trips once I am done working in MArch. One of the possibilities is Peru in May :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home