Imaginary Engineer - Yale SOM '08

Industrial Engineer dreaming of an MBA

Thursday, February 09, 2006

Cal over Stanfurd

Tonight Cal is in sole possession of 2nd place in the Pac-10 after a solid win over Stanfurd. I got to complete my 3rd item on my checklist and am very excited about March Madness prospects. I really believe Cal can make it to the Sweet 16 this year! This will be our best shot in many years to go deep into the tournament because Richard Midgley will be graduating and Leon Powe will be leaving for the NBA (inside source).

During one of the time outs, the Stanfurd Tree was dancing around in front of the Cal student section like a stupid green bobble head doll. Fortunately, Oski (and his new blue shirt with a Kapono head band) came out and knocked it down where it belongs. Supposedly Stanfurd kids are smart, but there was a dumb kid in that tree that learned to never taunt the Cal student section (Welcome to the HAAS of PAIN).

Some people ask why I never finished my Stanfurd business school application. Many agree that Stanfurd is one of the three elite business schools (Harvard, Stanfurd, Wharton). For me, even if I were accepted, I probably wouldn't go because I don't like the Stanfurd environment. The campus and students are way too clean and polished. Palo Alto is not really a college town and does not have much personality. It's probably easier finding a sweet job coming out of Stanfurd than Yale because recruiters know how competitive Stanfurd is to get in, but I believe Berkeley, Boston, and/or New Haven offer more diverse environments that provide a richer MBA experience. I have the rest of my life to live in a quiet, sterile boring community, why waste two valuable years?

8 Comments:

  • At 12:56 AM, Blogger KV said…

    Go Bears!

     
  • At 1:28 AM, Blogger Ash said…

    GO Cardinals !

     
  • At 8:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    New Haven is one of the most dilapidated cities in America.

     
  • At 1:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This drives me nuts even though it probably shouldn't. It's Stanford, not Stanfurd.

     
  • At 6:15 PM, Blogger FooBarMe said…

    Although I would love to go to Stanford ..but I would have to say GO BEARS!!

     
  • At 9:49 PM, Blogger Jerry Blank said…

    Go Bears!

     
  • At 8:43 PM, Blogger brownoski said…

    To my Anonymous friends:

    dilapidated = more opportunity for volunteering and actually improving the community (richer MBA experience) versus quiet suburbs and expensive rent.

    Stanfurd/Stanford = Thanks for clearing that up! This WHOLE time I thought they misspelled all the buildings/brochures/books/websites... Maybe if they did something cool like discover an element on the Periodic Table I'd remember how to spell the name correctly

     
  • At 1:02 PM, Blogger Fritz Van de Kamp said…

    Good to hear this considering that I will likely be a Bear.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home