Imaginary Engineer - Yale SOM '08

Industrial Engineer dreaming of an MBA

Sunday, February 05, 2006

Yosemite


I'm going to create a checklist of "Things to do in the Bay Area before I leave." Last weekend, I got to accomplish one of the top items on my list: visiting Yosemite. Even during winter months, the weather was gorgeous and there was some breathtaking scenery. The picture above is my best attempt to be Ansel Adams with my Canon SD400. From this point, I captured Half Dome in the center, and the face of El Capitan on the left. If you look closely on the right side, there's a waterfall that lines up with one of the near trees. The lush valley on the bottom contrasts the snow covered tops. I wanted to include a lot of blue sky so I have a place for my icons when I set this picture as my desktop wallpaper.

This picture is meaningful to me because it represents a quick snapshot of where I am in my life. The face of El Capitan shows the difficult MBA journey ahead. Half Dome, which is dead center and far away, represents my ultimate personal and professional goals. While earning my MBA is important, I hope I don't ever lose focus on the big picture and what really is important to me.

7 Comments:

  • At 6:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hi brownoski, long time reader, first time poster (basically one of those mbablog stalkers).

    Fellow yale admit. Just wanted to say that this picture that you posted up blew me away. I just went on a 5 minute rant at work asking everybody why the hell we weren't in California when there's such beauty waiting to be seen.

    Beautiful picture, makes me very jealous and makes me intrigued about Haas that much more (I'm a Haas R2 applicant waiting for an invite).

     
  • At 1:26 PM, Blogger Marina said…

    That is a gorgeous shot. I used to go to camp in Yosemity every summer when I was younger but have not been back since a family trip probably a good 7 years ago.Perhaps it is time for another trip.

     
  • At 5:12 PM, Blogger brownoski said…

    gladiatorma, gluck with Haas, I think it's the best business school in the Bay Area (yes Palo Alto is part of the Bay Area). I have nothing but good things to say about my Berkeley experience. I wish I had gotten an interview invite but I'm ready to move on to the East Coast

     
  • At 5:32 PM, Blogger Linda Abraham said…

    One of my favorite places. We have been there many times, and frequently at this time of year. In fact we have done it so often in the winter that my kids when younger thought Yosemite was a winter resort.

    Thanks for sharing the picture. It is a breathtaking spot. Enjoy the journey to Half Dome.

     
  • At 10:33 AM, Blogger i_will_make_it said…

    Wow. I've been in the bay area for the last 2 years and have not visited Yosemite yet... or Santa Cruz, Nappa, Tahoe,... lol. Awesome shot.

    Good luck with your schools! Hopefully I'll hear good news from Yale in March - and maybe we'll see each other there!

     
  • At 1:04 PM, Blogger Fritz Van de Kamp said…

    Nice picture. If B-school doesn't work out you pursue professional photography. Yosemite is truly amazing. Hiked Half Dome for the first time two years ago and I am looking forward to going back once I move to Berkeley to go to Haas.

     
  • At 12:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hmm I love the idea behind this website, very unique.
    »

     

Post a Comment

<< Home