Imaginary Engineer - Yale SOM '08

Industrial Engineer dreaming of an MBA

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Summer Update 2

Time is starting to slow down and every day seems to be the same. I've officially joined the World Cup Soccer bandwagon and woke up at 6 AM yesterday (early for a summer bum) to watch Korea win its first match. It's amazing France tied Switzerland, because as of right now, Korea is in sole position of 1st place in that group. As for USA... I'm just disappointed we got blown out by the Czech. A 1-0 loss would be respectable, but losing by 3 points is just embarrassing. I love how "experts" try to analyze every little detail for why we lost, but we just aren't that good. Italy looks like another tough match up on Saturday, and I have a feeling USA will not advance to the next round this year. This Father's Day weekend looks to be a memorable sports weekend as the NBA finals (Miami made it interesting by winning last night), World Cup (Ronaldinho is unbeevable), and US Open (Tiger is back, Phil is going for 3rd major in a row) air on HDTV.

Friday will also be a big day in my life as I am scheduled to get Lasik eye surgery. I'm really not that scared because the guy has done over 30,000 lasik surgeries and hasn't messed up. My eyes are healthy and I can't wait to get rid of my glasses forever. The only drawback is that I can't go swimming/surfing for 2 months (as a precautionary measure to protect my eyes). I guess that means I'll be hitting up more golf courses this summer.

Man life as a summer bum is awesome.

2 Comments:

  • At 4:10 PM, Blogger i_will_make_it said…

    Ooo. Good luck with the Lasik surgery! I'm still too chicken to go that route. :-P

     
  • At 11:36 PM, Blogger fromcali said…

    Good luck with Lasik! Friends who have had it absolutely love it! They say the best thing is waking up in the middle of the night and being able to read the alarm clock. :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home