Imaginary Engineer - Yale SOM '08

Industrial Engineer dreaming of an MBA

Wednesday, February 15, 2006

I'm Bored

All is quiet on the MBA front. I haven't heard anything from Columbia (14 days since interview), which tells me I'm probably gonna get a big fat ding. Looking back, I don't think I did a good job of answering the "why Columbia" question in the essays/interview because my generic response centered on how cool New York is versus any meaningful information about the school itself. I won't hear anything from the waitlist schools until much later, so the only thing MBA related coming up is the Yale SOM Admit Reception in SF on Thurs, March 23. I'm actually looking forward to meeting future classmates and hopefully I'll meet a carpool buddy to drive with me across country in August.

The biggest story in the news cycle this week is Dick Cheney accidentally shooting someone on a hunting trip. It seems the news media is actually focusing more on "how" the information was released versus the actual shooting itself. For me, I don't really care whether the information was released Saturday night or Sunday morning, or even if Cheney should've held a press conference himself. I wish we'd actually focus on the shooting act specifically. What's done is done, and fortunately no one died; but this is a great opportunity for Dick Cheney and the news media to focus on gun safety and what measures everyone can take to prevent this from happening again in the future. Similar to how the Bush daughter had to do community service for underage drinking, Cheney should do some community work to educate gun safety and we should move on to more important issues.

4 Comments:

  • At 1:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    The shooting was an accident, that is why the media did not focus on it much. However, the attempted cover up/hide/secretly sweep under the rug, definitely should be the big story. Accidents happen every day even to famous politicians (as we know George W choked on a pretzel, fell from bikes etc) but trying not to disclose it until a small newspaper finds the story and publishes it. That is what is news worthy. That is why the media is focusing on that.

     
  • At 5:46 PM, Blogger i_will_make_it said…

    I'm hoping for the best for you on Columbia! Good luck!

    Love the bay area checklist. Let's see, I've only done one thing one your list: clam chowder @ 39. lol. I totally want to hit up napa, santa cruz, and all. Have fun!!

     
  • At 12:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm impressed with your site, very nice graphics!
    »

     
  • At 12:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hmm I love the idea behind this website, very unique.
    »

     

Post a Comment

<< Home