Imaginary Engineer - Yale SOM '08

Industrial Engineer dreaming of an MBA

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Columbia Ding

Status Description
After a careful review of our Wait List, the Admissions Committee regrets to inform you that we will not be able to offer you admission.
It was extremely difficult to make this decision. As you are aware, we have an extraordinarily competitive applicant pool and therefore must disappoint many fine candidates. Please be advised that if you wish to be reconsidered for the Columbia MBA program, you may reapply by using the reapplication checklist available through our website at http://www.gsb.columbia.edu/mba/admissions/reapply.html.

We do appreciate your interest in Columbia Business School and wish you success in your future endeavors.


I'm glad Columbia didn't wait until the summer to tell me I'm dinged. I don't regret not sending any information to the waitlist manager because I'm not that passionate about Columbia. Columbia is a great school, but I think I'll be pretty happy at Yale. If applications are up and schools won't be going off their waitlists, I hope Wharton and MIT can offer the same courtesy by giving me my ding before April so I can start looking for a place to live in New Haven.

13 Comments:

  • At 1:32 PM, Blogger i_will_make_it said…

    Good luck with W and MIT! And if you decide on Yale, SOM is awesome. NH is near all the major cities, and the students/alum I've met are all super friendly. You'll have a great experience there!

    Funny you remembered my cartoon voice job! The company gave me all these different insect characters - ladybug, grasshopper, etc. - and I had to come up with different voices for each character. Really fun. :-D

     
  • At 1:56 PM, Blogger Scott said…

    Sorry to hear about Columbia. Best of luck with Sloan and Wharton.

    As for Chuck Norris, I love that website. Hilarious...

     
  • At 2:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    sorry to hear about the Columbia ding but let me tell ya, after spending two days sitting in on classes and meeting a ton of students, SOM's stock has shot up like a rocket in my books.

    The sense of welcoming, the culture, the friendliness of the profs - all AMAZING... good luck with your other waitlists, but SOM is definitely a unique place.

     
  • At 5:48 PM, Blogger Rajat said…

    Sorry about the ding from Columbia. I've heard great things about SOM and in retrospect would have applied there.

    Anyway, good luck with W and Sloan.

     
  • At 1:53 AM, Blogger SgHama said…

    Glad you're taking it well, and you're right at least it came early so you can get on with your plans

     
  • At 12:41 PM, Blogger Marina said…

    Darn! I was hoping you would join me in NYC...it's our loss.

     
  • At 12:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hi i'm albert

     
  • At 6:29 AM, Blogger Ash said…

    shit happens man!
    atleast you got Yale in the pocket...awesome...
    -A

     
  • At 1:36 PM, Blogger MBA Cutie said…

    Don't worry about Columbia... and CONGRATULATIONS on YALE!!!!!

     
  • At 11:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hi i'm sabrina

     
  • At 9:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hi i'm jason

     
  • At 12:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Super color scheme, I like it! Good job. Go on.
    »

     
  • At 12:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Nice colors. Keep up the good work. thnx!
    »

     

Post a Comment

<< Home