Imaginary Engineer - Yale SOM '08

Industrial Engineer dreaming of an MBA

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

March Madness Picks are in

Finally my March Madness Picks are complete. What was my methodology? Did I create a complicated algorithm based on statistics that would make Mr. RPI jealous? Well, not really. I completely went with my gut and picked schools that I remember doing well in last year's tournament. I figure tournament experience trumps all statistics. Some noteables:

-West Virginia making it to the Elite 8 (I love the name Pittsnogle)
-Pitt making it to the Elight 8
-UCLA making it to the Final 4
-Illinois beating UCONN
-Boston College over Villanova
-Duke beats Ohio St in the Finals to win it all

As usual, I'll probably get half my picks wrong and Jessica Simpson will beat me again this year, but it's fun to root for the underdogs during March.

BTW - Why does Cal ALWAYS get hosed in location. We got killed by Pitt in Pittsburgh one year, then by Oklahoma in Oklahoma the next year, why do we have to play Texas in Texas this year? Seriously - HOSED. At least Richard Midgley will have fun beating NC State again to finish off his career at Cal.

2 Comments:

  • At 3:44 PM, Blogger KV said…

    UCLA blows

     
  • At 12:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I love your website. It has a lot of great pictures and is very informative.
    »

     

Post a Comment

<< Home