Imaginary Engineer - Yale SOM '08

Industrial Engineer dreaming of an MBA

Thursday, March 09, 2006

MIT Called..

As I was driving on the freeway, I get a call from a 617 area code. I thought it was a friend from San Diego (619) but it turns out it was from MIT! My heart stops and I almost get into an accident as the person introduces herself from MIT. She mentioned I was near the top of the waitlist and was wondering if I was still interested in Sloan. With an emphatic "ABSOLUTELY" I eagerly awaited any response. As it turns out, there's room in the Round 2 pool to re-review Round 1 Waitlist candidates, and she said I will likely hear a decision by April 3rd. Still not an admit, but with Wharton Round 2 decisions coming out next Thursday, my anxiety just jumped up 1000 percent.

BTW - Happy B-Day Marina!

9 Comments:

  • At 2:56 PM, Blogger i_will_make_it said…

    Awesome!!! Good luck! I'll be waiting to hear the good news from you on Apr. 3rd!

     
  • At 3:33 PM, Blogger BigAppleNosh said…

    Woohoo! That's great news! =o)

     
  • At 4:08 PM, Blogger Marina said…

    Good things happen on my Birthday :)

    Thanks so much for the shout out. MIT, here you come!

     
  • At 5:47 PM, Blogger SgHama said…

    Goood news! nice...

     
  • At 6:41 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Great. Pass on the good news soon. Am excited for you

     
  • At 7:00 PM, Blogger Vinay Pandey said…

    Great development. Best wishes for the admit call!

     
  • At 7:04 PM, Blogger Forrest Gump said…

    nice...this application process never ceases stop throwing up surprises:) wish you all the best.

     
  • At 10:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    and best of all.... "mit" is easier to spell than "yale"

     
  • At 2:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    i can't spell "mit" backwards

     

Post a Comment

<< Home